General Covid Protocols
COVID Safety Protocol
Updated January 18, 2021
As we return to live-theatre productions, the safety of our audiences, students, artists, and staff is our first priority. We continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and the Washington State Department of Health and update our practices and plans as circumstances and guidelines change. We follow a universal masking policy and require all patrons over the age of 2 years wear a mask while in the building.
As of February 2022, we require:
- Proof of vaccination OR a verified negative COVID-19 test result for those 5 years of age and over
- A valid ticket to the performance
- Masks (for those two years of age and over)
All events will continue to follow State and CDC guidelines. Our safety protocols will be updated and communicated via email with our ticket holders.
SCT has extended our ticket exchange policy to include fee-free exchanges for all ticket holders. Learn more about the policy here.
What To Bring
Audience members not yet old enough for vaccine eligibility are not required to provide proof of a recent negative COVID test.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test Documentation
- Those who are 5 years of age and over must show proof that they are fully vaccinated at the time of entry into the theatre. (“Fully vaccinated” is defined as at least 14 days passed since receiving either the second dose of FDA- or WHO-authorized double-dose vaccines or the sole dose of authorized single-dose vaccines.)
- Children aged 4 and under are not required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test
Acceptable as Proof of Vaccination:
- Vaccination card (including the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date the last dose administered).
- A photo of a vaccination card
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record
- Patrons unable to be vaccinated because of a medical condition and/or sincerely held religious belief must provide results of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of their ticketed performance.
Acceptable as Negative Test Documentation:
- Printed or digital document (including text or email message) from the test provider or laboratory. (The information should include the name of the person tested, type of test performed, and date of the negative test result.)
- Proof of negative FDA-approved PCR test result within 72 hours of theatre entry OR Proof of negative FDA-approved antigen test within 24 hours of theatre entry
Negative Test Documentation must include the person’s name and come from a testing agent (a laboratory, health care provider, or pharmacy). Self-administered rapid tests will not be accepted.
- Masks must be worn by all staff and patrons over the age of 2 years at Seattle Children's Theatre, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times but may be removed briefly when eating or drinking.
What SCT is Doing to Keep You Safe
- All employees, actors, and crew are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All employees must undergo daily health screenings, wear face coverings, regularly wash their hands, and stay home if sick or feeling sick.
- Our HVAC units operate with MERV13 filters, circulating filtrated fresh air.
- We continue to follow and the State’s guidelines. Check back here for updates as we continue to adapt our policies.
- Touchless sanitation stations are available throughout the lobby.
Tickets & Seating Policies
- At this time, we are selling all performances at the regular capacity. If health and safety guidelines change, capacity restrictions may become necessary, all current ticket holders will be reseated. All of our standard ticket policies apply for performance changes and cancellations. We appreciate your patience and flexibility.
- New in ‘22, SCT will offer digital e-tickets. If you choose print-at-home delivery, all tickets will be sent as a pdf via the email assigned to your account. When arriving at SCT, either pull up your ticket on your mobile device or print the tickets on your home printer ahead of time and present it at entry. The House Management team will scan your tickets, providing entry for your group. Tickets may still be delivered via regular mail or held at will call. If you wish to change your delivery method after purchase, please contact the ticket office at 206.441.3322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.