Sensory Friendly Performances
We are excited to share this special performance series specially modified for children and families with sensory needs. A very important part of our mission at SCT is to provide children of all ages access to world-class, professional theatre.
What is a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Each Relaxed or Sensory-Friendly Performance incorporates special modifications to accommodate audiences with sensory needs, including:
- Changes to the performance:
- Increased lighting in the seating area and house throughout the performance.
- Lower sound levels.
- Lowered seating capacities to allow for more space and movement between patrons.
- Relaxed theatre rules:
- Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance.
- Options to bring in and use special seating devices as needed.
- Fidget toys welcome.
- Food and drink are welcome
- Support for families:
- Additional trained staff on hand to provide patrons with assistance when needed.
- Refunds for tickets and cancellations made the day of show are options if necessary.
- Prompt sheets for family members to prepare before their show.
- Opportunities to visit the theatre prior to the show. Tours can be scheduled with Stephanie Couturier at email@example.com.
How do I purchase tickets for this special performance?
To order tickets online, please click the links above. Ticket office staff are always happy to assist you and answer any questions.
Single Ticket Prices:
Adults: $45 or $40 depending on show
Children: $40 or $35 depending on show
Subscription Ticket Packages:
Ticket packages offer your family the greatest affordability and flexibility to enjoy our 2018-19 season. Whether you only want to see one show, or want to join us for the full adventure, we have a package that is right for you. Tickets may be redeemed for adults or children; now or in the future; all at once or a few at a time. Exchange your tickets as many times as you need for free!
Group Ticket Prices:
Group rates available for groups of 10 or more. Contact Whitley Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got more questions?
Contact the Ticket Office at 206.441.3322 or email@example.com.
What do I need to know before I come?
Use our theatre guides, prompt sheets, and story books to help you prepare for your visit. Opportunities to visit the theatre prior to the show may also be available. Tours can be scheduled with Stephanie Couturier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map of Charlotte Martin: Shows designated movement areas.
- Map of Eve Alvord Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
Story Books: A picture book that can help prepare your child for the experience of visiting Seattle Children's Theatre
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book (Charlotte Martin Theatre)
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book (Eve Alvord Theatre)
Family Guides: Created specifically for each show, this will help your family better understand the show before arriving
We would like to thank Safeco Insurance, for making these Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Performances possible.