Sensory Friendly Performances
Made possible by
We are pleased to present this special performance series giving children and families a world-class theatre experience modified for those with sensory needs. It's part of our mission to provide youth of all ages access to professional theatre. We understand every child is different, and strive to make this a successful trip for everyone.
Thank you, Safeco Insurance, for making these Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Performances possible:
Tickets on sale now.
Save with a ticket package. Flexible Packages in 6, 8, or 10 ticket quantities. Call the ticket office at 206.441.3322 to book your sensory friendly ticket package.
And in this Corner: Cassius Clay
The Velveteen Rabbit
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
The Diary of Anne Frank
What is a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Each Relaxed or Sensory-Friendly Performance incorporates special modifications to accommodate audiences with sensory needs:
- Increased lighting in the seating area and house throughout the performance.
- Lower sound levels.
- Lowered seating capacities to allow for more space and movement between patrons.
- Additional trained staff on hand to provide patrons with assistance when needed.
- Opportunities to visit the theatre prior to the show. Tours can be scheduled with Stephanie Couturier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prompt sheets for family members to prepare before their show.
- Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance.
- Options to bring in and use special seating devices as needed.
- Fidget toys welcome.
- Refunds for tickets and cancellations made the day of show are options if necessary.
How do I purchase tickets for this special performance?
To order tickets online, please click the links above.
Box office staff are always happy to assist you and answer any questions.
Adults: $45 or $40 depending on show
Children: $40 or $35 depending on show
Got more questions?
Contact the ticket office at 206.441.3322 or email@example.com
What do I need to know before I come?
Use our theatre guides, prompt sheets, and story books to help you prepare for your visit.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book (Charlotte Martin Theatre) : A picture book that can help prepare your child for the experience of visiting Seattle Children's Theatre
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book (Eve Alvord Theatre) : A picture book that can help prepare your child for the experience of visiting Seattle Children's Theatre
- Family Guide for And in This Corner: Cassius Clay: A resource for the parent or guardian on the day of the show. It contains a list of scenes within the production and highlights key moments that may be of note to a child with sensory concerns.
- Map of Charlotte Martin: Shows designated movement areas.
- Map of Eve Alvord Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
Tours of the theatre are available prior to the performance date. Please contact to schedule your tour.