YAI Audition Requirements:
We require a memorized monologue. We will send you monologue options and guidelines when you make your audition appointment. To schedule an audition appointment, call the Education office at 206.443.0807 ext. 1186.
Young Actor Institute Audition Dates and Times:
- Monday, February 24, 4:00 - 6:00pm (early decision)
- Saturday, March 1, 2:00 - 4:30pm (early decision)
- Thursday, March 27, 6:00 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, March 29, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Saturday, April 5, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Saturday, April 12, 4:00 - 6:00pm
Students accepted to YAI through early decision will receive a $100 discount on YAI tuition.
Summer Season Audition Requirements:
We ask you to memorize and present a monologue approximately one minute long. If you would like to be considered for the Summer Season musicals, we encourage you to schedule an audition with our accompanist. For these auditions, please also prepare about one minute of a song - usually one verse and one chorus or thirty-two measures - and bring appropriate sheet music for the pianist. An a cappella audition without an accompanist is acceptible if you need to sign up for a non-musical audition slot. To schedule an audition appointment, call the Education office at 206.443.0807 ext. 1186.
Summer Season General Auditions:
- Monday, March 24, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, March 25, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Thursday, March 27, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Saturday, March 29, 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, April 1, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Saturday, April 5, 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Saturday, April 12, 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Monday, April 14, 4:00 - 6:00pm
Summer Season Auditions with Piano Accompanist:
- Saturday, March 22, 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Saturday, March 29, 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday, April 1, 6:00 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, April 5, 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday, April 8, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Thursday, April 10, 6:00 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, April 12, 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Monday, April 14, 12:00 - 2:00pm
- Monday, April 14, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Class Placement Auditions
Students may audition if they wish to take any class in their age group for which they have not completed the prerequisites. Use the schedule above, and call the Education office at 206.443.0807 ext. 1186 to schedule and appointment. At the audition, students will be asked to demonstrate the skills appropriate to the class:
Acting 2, Acting 3, Performance Labs, Advanced Training Intensive (offered in the school year) - Present a memorized monologue one minute long.
Musical Revue - Sing a prepared song, with or without accompaniment.
Long-Form Improv, Improv 2 (offered in the school year) - We will provide some improv exercises at the audition.
Comedy Troupe - We will teach and ask you to demonstrate some safe physical comedy moves at the audition.