Drama School - FAQ
What is your Drama School phone number?
206.443.0807 ext. 1186
Do I have to pay now? Can I set up a payment plan?
All classes require a non-refundable $25 deposit, $50 for full-day classes and camps, and $100 for CAST & Performance Programs. Payment plans are available to anyone who prefers to split up their balance into two or three installments. No application is required; simply call the Drama School (206.443.0807 x 1186) to make arrangements.
Need-based scholarships are available to families who would not otherwise be able to participate in our classes. An application is required; our criteria are based on the guidelines established by the Seattle Public Schools' free and reduced-price lunch program. Click here for information on financial aid deadlines and to download a financial aid application.
Will there be a performance at the end of the class?
For most of our classes, the final class of each session has 30-45 minutes set aside at the end for friends and family to observe what the students have learned. This is not a performance, but rather an opportunity to get a better sense of what the students experienced throughout the session.
What happens if I want to cancel the class?
- If you cancel your registration after it has been processed, but at least two weeks before the class begins, we will refund tuition, less a $25 registration fee per class; a $50 fee for full-day classes and camps; and a $100 fee for CAST and Performance Programs.
- If you cancel your registration less than two weeks before the class starts, no refund will be given. Any tuition paid for the cancelled class, minus the registration fee, becomes a credit, which you may use towards either Drama School tuition or tickets for the Mainstage shows through the end of the current season.
- SCT reserves the right to cancel a class if enrollment is insufficient. Any tuition paid will be refunded in full, including the registration fee.
- No refund or make-up classes will be provided for classes cancelled due to inclement weather.
- SCT Drama School classes will be cancelled on days that Seattle Public Schools are closed due to weather conditions.
We want all students to be satisfied with their experience at the Drama School. If, after completing the first day of class, you decide that you do not want to continue, let us know before the second class or the second business day, whichever comes first, and we will refund your payment (minus the $25 or $50 registration fee). After the second day of class, no tuition or enrollment adjustments will be made. This policy does not apply to YAI or Summer Season shows.
My student has done a lot of theatre with school and other programs, but this is our first SCT class. Can I register them for upper level classes?
If there is room in the upper level class you want, you may bypass the pre-requisite and set up a placement audition with the Drama School. For more student audition information, please click here.