Jobs & Internships
Position Title: Assistant Charge Artist
Supervisor: Technical Director
Classification: Seasonal Full Time, Non-Exempt, IATSE Contract, Lead Technician,
With benefits as defined in the current IATSE/SCT Agreement.
- Work as a productive member of the Scenic Shop team as a Scenic Artist.
- Assist the Charge Scenic Artist painting scenery and properties and maintaining shop organization.
- Communicate daily with the Charge Artist and Technical Director.
- Lead over-hire painters, as larger jobs require.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years’ experience as a scenic artist at a professional theatre or comparable experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to climb ladders, bend, twist, kneel, crawl, lift 30 pounds above the head, pull/push lift and carry 50 pounds, stand, walk and squat for extended periods of time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of paint and its properties and usages for the theatre.
- Ability to read and interpret working drawings and scenic renderings.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices for the theater.
- Should possess an excellent sense of humor.
Currently scheduled employment is from August 25, 2014 through April 19, 2015. This includes mid-season layoffs. There is some regularly scheduled over-time during changeover and Tech periods, and occasional opportunities for work outside of the build season.
Seattle Children’s Theatre values diversity in the workplace.
Position available now; will remain open until filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to
Michael Hase, Technical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Click here to download a .pdf version of the job posting